Studio Rental Policies
SSY Studio Rental Policy
To keep SSY Studios a safe environment, we have put together a few policies. Please note it is your responsibility to keep up with the most current policies.
Prohibited Items and Activities
No Alcohol, Drugs, or Smoking: You cannot engage in any activity at SSY while under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.
No Weapons: No weapons are permitted in SSY Studios without written consent from SSY Studios.
No Pornography: No photography, videography, and/or audio of explicit sexual acts are permitted.
Misconduct: Including causing a nuisance to other clients, mistreatment of SSY Studios staff, illegal activity, Destruction/vandalism of SSY Studios equipment or facilities.
Violation of Policies or Rules
If any client or guest violates any of the Policies or Rules, SSY Studios will ask that person to stop or leave. A member’s violation of any of the Policies or Rules may cause SSY Studios, in its sole discretion, to terminate that person’s membership and/or other agreements.
- Your date will be confirmed once you checkout. Please review the calendar for availability before booking.
- Bookings are processed first come first serve based on when the deposit is received.
- Payment in full is required at the beginning of the shoot.
- This includes the rental, any consumables, and extra fees, minus your deposit, credits, and free hours as applicable.
- You must book and pay for your reservation online only. No exceptions
- Once you receive your booking confirmation from the staff, you are required to pay for your entire booked time, regardless if you end your shoot early, arrive late, don’t show up at all, or if your model/client/subject does not show up.
- Your booking should include set up, break down, and clean up time. This includes but is not limited to setting up lights, makeup/hair prep, packing up, returning props, and check out. If you or anyone else involved in your shoot is occupying the studio area you will be charged for it.
- Your credit card will remain on file from the beginning to the end of your shoot to cover any unexpected expenses (damages, overtime etc.)
- We reserve the right to change the rental rates at any time.
- We reserve the right to increase rental fees for events. What constitutes an event is at our discretion
- SSY Studios is open by appointment only. Please call ahead of time if you plan to arrive earlier than your scheduled time.
- SSY Studios will make every effort to be open during inclement weather. If we are unable to open the studio due to weather, we will credit your deposit back to your account or apply it to a rescheduled booking. If the studio is open and you cannot make it to the studio for your shoot, you will be charged for the balance of the booking.
- If the studio is available, you may enter the studio before your scheduled shoot time. You will be charged for that time in addition to your initially booked time, even if you end early.
- We will make every effort to accommodate shoots that run over booked time. If no one has booked the studio after you, you may extend your time in the studio. You will be charged at the normal studio rental rate. You are not guaranteed overtime, so you should make every effort to finish your shoot during your booked time. Over time is at the staff’s discretion.
- Studio time is prorated in 30 minute intervals, rounded up.
- SSY Studios requires twenty-four (24) hours or more notice to the start time of the booking to cancel your reservation. You will forfeit the deposit but will not be charged the balance for the booked time.
- Cancellations within twenty-four (24) hours of the start time of the booking will be charged the full amount to the card on file. Alternate forms of payment may be accepted if received prior to the start of the booked time.
- Please do not invite additional guests especially if they are not a part of your staff.
Equipment / Studio Use
- First time Clients will be required to receive a short orientation to the studio and the equipment.
- Door stays locked at all times. If you need to prop the door open please notify the staff.
- Limit your guests to only those that are photographing, seating is limited.
- Guests that are not shooting are not allowed in the studio area.
- For safety purposes, if possible children should be left home if they are not shooting. The equipment is expensive, and if broken or damaged you will be responsible for replacement.
- Guest should remain seated at all times.
- Equipment and props can be used only if it has been included in your reservation. If you require equipment or props after you book the studio, you are responsible for covering the additional costs. The credit card on file will be charged accordingly.
- Props, Furniture, and Equipment must be returned the same way your received it.
Your clients are not allowed in the storage area. If you need anything from storage, it must be signed out.
- Jewelry: You are responsible for damaged or missing jewelry.
- If anything is needed from the storage area, notify staff and we will assist you.
- No food or beverages are permitted within the studio with the exception of water. You may utilize the community lounge area for enjoying your refreshments
- Clients are responsible for all damages caused during the rental. These charges are at the discretion of SSY Studios and will be charged to your card.
- Clean up fees may be applied if the studio is left in an overly messy state including body paint, glitter, elements, etc. This is at the staff’s discretion
- Do not enter studio spaces without permission from staff. SSY Studios staff may enter any part of the studio at any time.
- ANIMALS: Must have written consent from SSY Studios. All animals must have a handler at all times. The handler must have this as their sole position for the shoot.
- MINORS: Persons under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian with them at all times. Children are NOT allowed in the studio area unless they are being photographed.
- MESSY SHOOTS: Any shoot that may become “messy” including but not limited to Glitter, Oil, Water, Mud, Food, Snow, etc must be approved with SSY Studios. Additional cleanup fees may apply
- If you are recording audio during a shoot, please be aware that we cannot control the amount of ambient noise in the studio. You will still be required to pay for your entire shoot regardless if there is ambient noise or not.
- Make sure you check with staff for the best time of day to shoot. Staff is still not responsible for ambient noise however.
- SSY Studios is in no way responsible for loss or damage to client owned equipment, including cameras, lenses, lights, modifiers, and/or any other personal property.
- SSY Studios is in no way responsible or liable for any personal injury or personal property damage incurred on the premises or while attending a SSY Studios workshop or any partnered events.
- Items left at the studio and not claimed within two weeks become property of SSY Studios
This Agreement, including all documents referenced herein, represents the entire understanding between SSY Studios and any user of SSY Studios; Including clients, members, nonmembers, staff of clients, friends, and family, and supersedes any other agreements, statements or representations. Headings used in this Agreement are for reference only and shall not affect the meaning of any terms. Any user of any portion of SSY Studios is deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions of this Agreement including your guests.
There are no products listed under this category.